From returning favorites to fresh mysteries and familiar classics, these are the shows I’ll be watching most closely as September kicks off the fall TV season.
September is here, which means summer TV is giving way to a busy fall lineup—and there’s already a lot competing for a spot on my watchlist. From returning comedies and long-awaited second seasons to a 40th-anniversary celebration and a few new shows I’m especially curious about, this month has a little bit of everything.
There are seven shows I’m especially excited to check out. Some are returning favorites, some I’m cautiously optimistic about, and at least one is a classic I’m looking forward to revisiting. So, before the fall TV season gets totally overwhelming, here are my seven most anticipated shows of September.
1. The Paper – Season 2 (Peacock, Sept. 9th)
After a strong first season, The Paper is easily one of the returning comedies I’m most excited to see this month. The mockumentary format worked surprisingly well, and I’m curious to see how the characters—and all that workplace chaos—develop in Season 2. If the show can build on what worked the first time around, it could become one of Peacock’s strongest comedies.
2. Colin from Accounts – Season 3/Final Season (Paramount+, Sept. 10th)
It’s always bittersweet when one of your favorite comedies announces its final season. Colin from Accounts has been one of my favorite recent comedies, thanks to the wonderfully messy relationship between Gordon and Ashley. I’m hoping the final season gives these two the ending they deserve while still delivering the awkward humor and unpredictable situations that made the series so much fun.
3. Casualty – 40th Anniversary (BritBox/BBC, Sept. 5th)
Forty years of Casualty is a pretty big TV milestone. The long-running medical drama has made it through generations of TV trends, cast changes, streaming, and all the ways audiences watch television now. I’m especially curious to see how the series celebrates its 40th anniversary and pays tribute to everything that came before while still moving the story forward.
4. Line of Fire (NBC, Sept 21st)
This is one of the new network dramas I’m most curious about heading into the fall. Line of Fire wasn’t really at the top of my radar at first, but after seeing the full trailer, it definitely caught my attention. I’m always up for a good character-driven thriller, and if the series can balance its bigger mystery with compelling characters, it could become one of NBC’s more interesting new dramas.
5. SNL UK – Season 2 (Peacock, Sept 13)
After checking out the first season, I’m curious to see what SNL UK does with another season under its belt. The big question is whether the series can build on what worked in Season 1 and keep developing its own identity instead of just feeling like a British version of the American original. I’m definitely giving it another look to see where it goes.
6. A Different World (Netflix, Sept 24)
Sometimes a show doesn’t have to be new to earn a spot on the watchlist. A Different World arriving on Netflix is a great excuse to revisit one of television’s most beloved college sitcoms. For longtime fans, it’s a chance to relive the Hillman experience, while newer viewers can discover a series that had a lasting impact on television and pop culture.
7. The Gentlemen – Season 2 (Netflix, Sept 3)
And finally, I’m ready for more chaos. The Gentlemen is back with another season of Guy Ritchie’s signature mix of crime, comedy, outrageous characters, complicated alliances, and schemes that inevitably go sideways. Season 1 was a lot of fun, and I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of trouble Eddie and the rest of the gang get into this time.
September is shaping up to be a pretty busy month for television, and these seven shows are just the beginning. Between returning favorites, new dramas, anniversary celebrations, and classic shows getting another life on streaming, there should be plenty to keep us watching as we head into fall.
Which shows are you most excited to watch this September? Did I miss one that should be on my list? Let me know in the comments!






No comments:
Post a Comment