Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The End of an Era: Parks & Recreation







Tonight's an end of an era in television, as tonight's the series finale of Parks and Recreation. For seven or six seasons, the show has been "literally" the best comedy series ever. If you watch how much this cast does playing their characters, it's mind blowing.

I remember when I fist watched Parks and Rec. It was April of 2009, the week before ER had just ended it's 15 season run and two new shows would be airing next week.

I was looking forward to see Amy Poehler in the new show. I've loved her since she was on Saturday Night Live, Baby Mama and not to mention Mean Girls as well.

After the pilot, I was hooked. I would agree if there was a choice between the pilot and the second season premiere episode, I would go with the second season because you would have a quick understanding of who everyone else is and the humor is just spot on. The writers really found the characters in the second season and after that, I sat back and enjoyed every second of the show.

Poehler might be the driving force of the show but it's really her and the ensemble cast. Nick Offerman, Chris Pratt, Rashida Jones, Adam Scott, Rob Lowe and many more. This cast lives off on one another. Each and everyone gives their best. It's like Cheers or Friends.

Who doesn't want to be friends and hang with Leslie Knope or Ann Perkins? Who doesn't want to go out and Treat Yo Self with Donna and Tom? Who doesn't want to learn the meaning of government or life from Ron Swanson? Who doesn't want to talk nerd/sports with Ben or go out running and eating organic foods with Chris? Have a play date with April and Andy and yell at Jerry/Larry/Barry/Garry? I want to do all that!

I will mention that during it's run, I was just starting community college and this show helped me calm down during finals when my stress levels were at an all time high.

So as the time draws closer and closer to when we have to say goodbye to the driving workforce of the Pawnee, Indiana's Parks Department. I just want to throw a Top 10 list of my favorite Parks & Rec episodes. I literally don't think there's a top ten list for this show, each episode throughout it's run have been amazingly outstanding.

Top 10:

10 Pilot, Season One
9. The Fight, Season Two
8. Citizen Knope, Season Four
7.Ron and Tammy, Season Two
6. Lil Sebastian, Season Three
5. The Stakeout, Season Two
4. Flu Season, Season Three
3. Pawnee Zoo, Season Two
2. Leslie and Ron, Season Seven
1. Leslie and Ben, Season Five



It's going to be hard to say goodbye but when you're on top you should end on top. And I'm just saying this as a fan, for tonight's series finale, I'm serving waffles, with extra whipped cream and lots and lots of bacon. There's no proper way to say goodbye without having the #1 meal of the day that you can have any time of the day, breakfast.



No comments:

Post a Comment