Monday, March 2, 2015

The X-Files: I Would Want Them Back






Let me first say that I was never a fan of The X-Files at all when if first aired during it's nine year run on FOX. I never like a show that scares the crap out through my pants and can't fall asleep. I would have nightmares for months maybe years.

But a few of years ago ( I want to say summer of 2012), I've watched  The X-Files on Netflix and soon I got hooked on it. I ordered the really, original box set on DVD of the series and let me tell you that challenge of watching it too forever.

When I began with seasons one and two, I was blown away from it. Yes it was scary to this day even if this was out in 1993. Season one was pretty raid I would have to say, I loved how they had this character known as squeeze who was the scariest thing that season.

As for season two, I'd enjoyed it, it might not be my ultimate favorite season but it was still great. The Flukeman stood out of my mind when I think of season two but also that arc with Mulder searching for the truth in the episode "Anasazi."

Season three was also great but it was from season four to season seven that I really enjoyed the show. There were so much amazing story telling that those four seasons are my favorite out of the whole series.

I enjoyed episodes like "Home" and "Leonard Betts." Also not to mention the storyline of Scully's cancer. That was so remarkable that Gillian Anderson deserved that Emmy Award win.

Season five was another home run season for the series. I enjoyed that cliffhanger from season four to the two part series premiere in season five.  The story of Mulder finding the cure for Scully's cancer was just so remarkable because even if he doesn't say it that he loves her, he''l fight to the end to help her and protect her from any harm.

They made a great way into the film of the show, The X Files: Fight the Future. I love that movie so much that I play the soundtrack many times til I found something else. Also I kept playing the DVD of the movie more and more. Hell, I do recommend to anyone if they haven't seen the series that they could ether start from the beginning or this film.

I will admit that season six was a bit Hollywood type of show. There were so humorist stuff and things that didn't quite go with the form mate of the series but I enjoy it.  I enjoyed "The Beginning," "Drive," "Triangle," How the Ghost Stole Christmas," "Monday," and "Biogenesis."

In season seven, the show found its feet again and it was another great season of storytelling and plus the relationship of Mulder and Scully intense to I love you. I do think that after seven seasons that its time that these guys said it. You can hold it for so long util there's nothing left to do but go that route. I love the two part season premiere of the season. I enjoyed episodes like "X-Cops," "all things," "Hollywood A.D.," and Requiem."

 For season eight and nine, I liked it but it wasn't my top list of favorite seasons. I do think that if Mulder was taken that Scully was going to need a new partner and a partner who doesn't see what they've seen for the past seven years.

I'm not a fan of John Doggett at first but he did grew on me at the end of the series. The Scully baby was an interesting storyline for season eight. I can see that the show was losing it's steam and losing its touch that the series was once was a huge hit. I really didn't think that if Scully was going to leave that the show would have carried on with Doggett and Monica Reyes.

They could be the complete opposites of Scully and Mulder but with the original duo, it's never going to be the same.

The series finale of the series was not as bad but not as good. I see that they try to end the show but open up to the possibility that a movie or two will be in the future. It's not one of the best finales of all time but it was a decent one to end the series.

I don't even know if I want to talk about the second film or not. As soon as I watched the series finale, I watched the second feature film The X Files: I Want to Believe. It was bad but it was a bit dull when first watching it.

After the second and third time watching it, it was good. Carter said that he wanted to do a Monster of the Week storyline but that seem to not work in this case

I think that now that its 2015, we would all want another film. But when word got out a month or two ago that The X Files might get a reboot with Scully and Mulder coming back. That would be like amazingly super awesome!!! Wouldn't we want them back somehow in this new media?




No comments:

Post a Comment