Friday, October 27, 2017

Stranger Things Season 1

Image result for stranger things

When I first heard and read (mostly read) about the Netflix series, I was interested mostly because of Winona Ryder was the star of the series. I'm a huge fan of her from movies like Girl, Interrupted, Beetlejuice and Edward Sessorhands to name a few.

But when I first watched the first four episodes last year I was amazed of what I was watching. And after watching those four episodes, I stopped watching it because when it comes to binge watching, I would start with a couple of episodes and stop and I won't get to watching the rest for a while.

But that is then and with only a couple of minutes til season two of the series, I had finally watched the complete series after buying the retro VHS case Blu-ray/DVD.

I was amazed once again and when I contuined watching I was hooked with these characters. The writing was so amazing and the references of the 80's pop culture just made me want to get things from that decade from the music to well getting back to eating eggo waffles. The series had so much montoge to classic 80's movies from ET and Alien and let's not forget The Goonies.

Ryder was amazing and had such great moments. But the real show stealers were the kids, mostly Millie Bobby Brown who played Eleven. Even Fin Wolfhard as Mike, Gaten Matarazzo as Dustin and Caleb McLaughlin as Lucas were amazing as well. Even David Harbour's performance of Jim Hopper was so good.

I can't wait for season two to start for which by the time this is posted it would already be time to watch the second season.

Overall, I give the first season of Stranger Things a 9.5/10.

You can catch the first two seasons of Stanger Things on Netflix now.


No comments:

Post a Comment