Sunday, October 25, 2015

Caring is to Seeing: Doctor Who "The Girl Who Lived"




As the Doctor travels alone looking for an alien artifact, he bumps into Ashildr, who happens to rob a carriage. Ashildr goes by the name of Me because of how all alone she has been since she has lived through a lot of things over the past century.

I will say that this episode was more prolonged than last week's episode. From the beginning to the end, watching Capaldi and Williamson-screen scenes was phenomenal.

I loved it when Williams was the Knightmare, and the Doctor interrupted her robbery, looking for something with his cool gadget.

I didn't care for the Lion character. He looked like an alien version of the Cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz. And that scene when his kind was firing through an open portal was like the shortest action scene ever.

But my favorite scene came when the Doctor picked up Clara, and they had a nice chat about a student whom he helped get an A on her report. With a look on his face, he seems to worry that someday an end will soon be near for Clara after I told him about saving her. And I couldn't leave out that hug scene, which was heartwarming in my book.

Overall, I give this episode a 9/10.

You can catch Doctor Who on Saturday nights at 9/8c on BBC America.

No comments:

Post a Comment