Monday, November 16, 2015

A Tale in Space: Doctor Who "Sleep No More"




"Sleep No More" was a very different but exciting episode. It started with a video message that looked to be a distress call and explained what had happened, along with meeting the rescuers who were to attempt to rescue whoever was in that empty ship.

Then the rescuers bumped into the Doctor and Clara, and they searched for what the hell was in that ship. Hell, it looked like a family of sand monsters with no faces. But one by one, the team lost each other, and it came down to three. Of course, the scientist, at the beginning, turns out to be the guy who has caused all this to happen.

With the Doctor, Clara, and the other soldier escaping in the TARDIS, the scientist made one last remark before sending it to everyone. But as he was nearly done, he scratched his eye, and it turned into dust, and soon his head was coming apart.

To answer the scientist's question, yes, I did enjoy the show, and no, I don't think my family would enjoy it unless it's my brother and me. I'll say that this was a very different episode. It was like Ghost Hunters meets Tales of the Creep. I loved how the camera was part of the character's viewpoint at times.

Overall, I give this episode a 7/10.

You can catch Doctor Who on Saturdays at 9/8c on BBC America.

No comments:

Post a Comment