Monday, August 28, 2017

Supergirl Season 1

Image result for supergirl



When I heard Supergirl was coming to television a couple of years ago, I was interested since it came from the team that brought Arrow and The Flash. Even though I watched the out of episodes of the first season when it aired on CBS, I finally got the time to watch the complete first season this past week, and ma, n did it pull me in. 

In the first seas, she brought a lot of fun, thrilling, and emotional at times. Not only did the writing improve the season, but the acting from the ensemble cast gave the actual touching of what the show got to be. Mainly, Melissa Benoist shines like the light as Supergirl and gives a real heart and soul that you can believe she's Kara Danvers and Supergirl. 

Along with Benoist, Chyler Leigh, who plays Kara Danvers' sister, Alex Danvers, gives a real meaning to foster love and is the true heart and soul of what gets Kara growing as Supergirl. Calista Flockhart, as Cat Grant, sometimes gets annoying but comes through with a solid performance near the end of the seasons—she's probably one of the most improved support years in the highest season. 

David Harewood initially got annoying as Hank Henshaw grew after knowing he's J'onn J'onzz, which gives a whole new meaning,. H is an actual figure after learning why he's taken his true identity. Mechcad Brooks as James Olsen is good and enjoyable but doesn't give fire, just that man in the middle when it comes to being with Lucy Lane and Kara/Supergirl.  

I loved the first season of Supergirl like I loved the first season of The Blacklist and ChicagoFiree: I couldn't stop watching it. With so many villainsvillainsvewire, Red Tornado, Max Lord, and the Red Kryptonite, it still gives me goosebumps. Still, it reminds me of what these characters went through to battle them, especially the red kryptonite that changed Kara's mind to hate. Benoist and Leigh does still the show and give such a sister power that I genuinely enjoy. I can't wait to see Season 2 later this week. The first season gets a 9/10. 

The first two seasons of Supergirl are available on Bluray and DVD now and streaming on Netflix, too. You can catch the season 3 premiere of Supergirl on Monday, October 9th, at 8/7c on The CW. 

No comments:

Post a Comment