Sunday, November 22, 2020

Commentary: Chicago Fire: #Brettsey: The Kiss That Happened And After


(Written November 2020)

Well, it happened! 

Silvie Brett and Matt Casey finally showed their feelings on Wednesday night's fall finale of Chicago Fire with a kiss and a breakup.

I have to admit, the last few days have driven me crazy, just by how the episode ended. We got what we (#Brettsey fans) have asked for a kiss or admitting that they have feelings for one another. We hit the jackpot on that. 


But we knew it was coming, and thank god Brett asked if Casey still has feelings for Dawson, to which he first replied, "I haven't talked to her in a long time." First off, how long is a "long time?" It's been a year, at least! Two or three years would be considered "a long time." 

Brett still asked again, with Casey giving her probably the straightest answer, "I don't know." 

It just broke my heart to see Brett broken up about it. 

After that ending, I'll admit I was shaken and overwhelmingly emotional and almost couldn't get through watching PD (but I did). During the episode, I had cold, sweaty hands and heart-pounding after Casey and Brett were back at 51 from the accident. 

Besides maybe Single Parents (Angel) and Chicago Med (Manstead), I can't remember a time before how much I wanted these two characters to get together. Abby and Carter (ER), Jim and Pam (The Office), Bones and Booth (Bones), to name a few, out of my head. It's wild! 

The new #Brettsey music videos on YouTube have been beneficial at times. I highly recommend them if you haven't checked them out. 

Especially this one:


Even this week's Meet Us At Molly's podcast was excellent. They talked about Brett and Casey, recapped episodes, and shared thoughts on Med, PD, and Fire.

After a few days, I've considered where this could go since the Brettsey rocket has finally lifted off. We can't go back now! 

While we see Casey tell Brett that her feelings for her are accurate regardless of Gabby, I feel this will last throughout the season, and we'll know where we are by the end (if we get there without more COVID-19 shutting down).  

There are many scenarios, with a few being too soapy for the show to be from Gabby returning with his baby. Or that she had died from giving birth, and Antiono brings little Casey to meet his father. Yeah, those do sound crazy. 

It's all up to Casey, but we should understand why it's hard to understand his feelings for Gabby. I know it's not rocket science with what they have had in the show's first six seasons. Casey called Gabby his "Miracle," which put the Brettsey train on hold.

But I'm in for the long haul now. I want Brett and Casey to be a couple. The past two or three seasons have proven that they should be together, from Season 7's Game Night episode, when Casey was about to ask Brett to dinner, to the time they were looking for a fire victim's cat. 

Why go all the way like this and be done? It's not done, right?  

I can't wait to see where #Brettsey will go from here. Let's hope it goes well. 

What are your thoughts about the ending of this week's fall finale? Are they done, or will we see more of them working it out? How do you see it play out? Leave a comment below!

Chicago Fire returns on Wednesday, January 6th, on NBC. 



1 comment:

  1. I want them to be a couple. Dawsey is the past, time for Casey and Brett to find happiness together.

    I just hope if they *do* get together they last!

    ReplyDelete