Sunday, September 10, 2023

My Summer Binge Watch 2023, Part 1

 


With the fall season underway, I thought I would start with my summer of binge-watch. Check it out!

Summer Binge Watch 2023, Part 1

Reacher Vs. The Night Agent 

The two shows that have been a "water cooler" show the past year have been Prime's Reacher and Netflix's The Night Agent. I don't think I've had many people close to me to check these two shows out, so I did. 



Reacher is about a former US military policeman who gets mistakenly arrested for murder. But after he gets released, he teams up with the police detective and an officer to investigate, which turns into a vast conspiracy. At the same time, the story has some bite to it, with it being a small-town conspiracy thriller. It's the action scenes and comeback lines that steal the series. Not to mention Alan Ritchson shines as this new version of the title character, Jack Reacher, but Willa Fitzgerald and Malcolm Goodwin are good and have some perfect chemistry. I give it a 9/10



The Night Agent is about an FBI agent, Peter Sutherland, who's answering calls at the White House and gets into a political conspiracy in the US government. While the scheme grows, he builds a relationship with the one he protects. I very much enjoyed this series as I watched it in two days. Given that some of the character stories are a bit predictable, it still kept my interest in the story, but also some kick-ass action scenes as well. I give it a 9/10.

I enjoyed the series, exciting characters, good (somewhat predictable) storylines, and kick-ass action. If you haven't seen any of these two shows, you should check it out. 



Never Doubt a Man Like Joe

Okay, so one of the most exciting shows to watch this summer was Paramount+'s Joe Pickett. I started off watching the first season while the second season was still airing on the streaming service, but I got through all two seasons of the series, and I hope for more. 

The series follows Joe Pickett, the new Wyoming-based game warden, and his family, who live in a small town near Yellowstone National Park. It's a mix of police drama with Western that's in line with other shows like Dark Water and Yellowstone. It's the characters in this series that stand out with Pickett and his wife (played by Michael Dorman and Julianna Guill), who deal with the mystery of crimes, conspiracy, and drama. 

What makes me love this show the most is its family drama dynamics that both carry on from the first season into the second season. And yes, at times, it has pulled my heart. I give it a 9.5/10, and I highly recommend checking out this series on Paramount+.



A Culinary of Excellence 

Has anyone seen The Bear yet? 

If you haven't, why the hell not? Season two turned it up a notch. The strong character development, writing, directing, and acting made this season great. It not only has humor, but it pulls on those heartwarming moments from episodes like  "Fishes," "Forks," and "Honeydew."  And not to mention that this ensemble cast is incredible! I give season two a 10/10.

The first two seasons of The Bear are available on Hulu. So check it out!!!



Recuse in the Sky

I am looking for a medical drama to get you through until Chicago Med or Grey's Anatomy returns. Sky Med on Paramount+ might be the show for you. 

Sky Med, a Canadian series, centers on the nurses and pilots of an air ambulance team that go on call to make the recuses and transports on life and death decisions. I enjoyed what this series is. It's not St. Elsewhere or ER, but it's got likable and representative characters and exciting stories that kept me tuning in to each of the first season episodes. 

It's fun, action, and drama all in one. I give it an 8/10.

Sky Med is available on Paramount+.



The Secret Invasion That Wasn't? 

Okay, so I don't think I'm the only one here who has believed that the MCU TV shows aren't living to their potential. Secret Invasion is another. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this Samuel Jackson-led series, but that ending just screwed everything up. 

WTF was with that ending? Why did they give two characters every MCU hero/villain power collected? Isn't there no limit to who's the most potent MCU character? 

I don't know how long I can watch these shows. I'm going to watch Loki season two because season one was so good and one of my favorite of the MCU TV series. 

I give Secret Invasion a 7/10. 

You can catch Secret Invasion and more on Disney+.


So far, that's just part one of my summer binge-watch of 2023. More is to come, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment