Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Fall TV: Top 10 Returning Shows to Watch

 

Hello, Fall TV, my old friend. I'm so glad to be seeing you once again. 

The Fall TV season is back, and I'm excited to start. Here is my top 10 list of the most exciting returning shows this season.


10. Grey's Anatomy, ABC

Okay, it took 20 years, but I've finally concluded that Grey's Anatomy is an excellent show. I watched only the first season when it premiered and stopped during the second season; finally, returning to the show when it aired its 20th season pulled me into the drama of these grounded characters. 

I enjoyed the dramatic storylines, such as the aftermath of Teddy's medical emergency and what that did between her and Owen. The Meredith Vs. Fox on the Alzheimer's research project that ended up in a theatrical form, not to mention watching these interns, reminded me of what the show was in the beginning (showing like a Grey's 2.0). Having Natalie Morales last season was lovely, and they even had an excellent storyline with Caterina Scorsone's Amelia Shepherd.

So, will I be tuning in for the 21st season? Yeah, I will. 

Grey's Anatomy Season 21 begins Thursday, September. 269c on ABC.


9. Fire Country, CBS

It took me two seasons to realize that this CBS drama turned the heat. With the season two finale ending, I plan to watch the premiere without distractions. With a mixture of Chicago Fire, Grey's Anatomy, and 9-1-1, this show does its job with its epic rescue stories to the dramatic dynamic of its characters. Is it a bit soapy? Yeah, but instead of playing inspirational songs, you get country music. 

I can't get enough of Billy Burke, who is perfect as the Cal Fire Battalion Chief Vince Leone. But the dramatic character relationship between Bode and Gabriela has pulled me in, and I wonder if they'll be together, especially when season three comes. She's at the altar about to get married to someone who isn't Bode. Plus, the latest trailer has brought all the hype. 

Are you excited for the new season? 

Fire Country Season 3 Premiere begins Friday, October 18. 18c on CBS.


8. The Old Man, FX



The second season will premiere this week (September. 12 Who isn't excited about the new season of this Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow thriller series? Does it have a John Wick style to it? Yeah, but who cares? The chemistry between Bridges and Lithgow is just gold, plus the action scenes are something that can't be missed, especially coming from an FX series. 


7. Night Court, NBC



With two seasons in the book, the revival of this classic 80s comedy has been one show that I can't stay away from. The dynamic duo of Melissa Rauch as Judge Abby Stone and John Larroquette as Dan Fielding is the show's heart, with lovely supporting characters such as Lacretta, Gurgs, Nyambi Nyambi, and Wyatt, the court clerk. 

But with season three premiering in November. 19th, Malick returns to become the series regular as Julianne Walters, the new district attorney, who has tried to ruin Dan's life the past two seasons. 


6. Abbott Elementry, ABC



You can see why this series has been nominated three times for best comedy series at the Emmys this past three years. I've only seen the first two seasons, and I'm about to begin the third season, but even if I have not seen the third season, I'm looking forward to the upcoming fourth season with these lovable and related characters. How can you not like this show? 

Season four premieres October 9 on ABC.



5. The Irrational, NBC

Okay, I like police procedurals, but this one feels different. Rational thoughts are brought up during crime-solving. Jesse L. Martin returns, making this a tremendous one-hour drama worth watching, and the ensemble cast is outstanding.  

Season two premieres October October 8.


4. Ghosts, CBS



Who's ready to return to the Woodstone Mansion? I AM! After a lovely short third season, I'm prepared to see what will happen next, especially with Patience dragging Isaac at the end of the season finale. 

This has been one of my favorite shows of the past few years, even though I do/did enjoy the British version better. The weird thing about this series is that it doesn't fit what a traditional CBS sitcom should be, but times have changed. 

Season Four premieres October October 17.

3. The FBI's, CBS

Tuesday Night is FBI Night! 

Who isn't excited for the return of CBS's biggest television night of the week? You have great characters and crime procedural action drama with enough adrenaline to keep you up all night. Whether it's FBI, FBI International, or FBI Most Wanted, you have three hours of great television, even though I'm looking forward to seeing Jesse Lee Soffer making his debut. It would fit nicely if he would play Jay Halstead.

The FBI's Premiere night begins on CBS in October. 15th.


2. Colin from Accounts, Paramoutn+


If you read my review of the first season of this charming comedy, you can see why it's near the top of my list. The first season was so good, and with the premiere just a couple weeks away, I can't wait to see what Ashley and Gordon will do to get Colin back and how their relationship will go next. If you haven't seen the show, you should. 

Colin From Accounts is available on Paramount+, with the second season premiere in September. 26th.


1. One Chicago, NBC

Would I forget the most important night of the week, one Chicago Wednesday? Hell no! This night is my most crucial night; it surpassed my Thursday night viewing. Chicago Fire, Med, and PD are all returning with new episodes, and changes are coming. 

Dermot Mulroney is an excellent casting choice for the new chief of 51 roles. We'll just have to see what we're getting with his character. Plus, with the addition of Sarah Rammos and Darren Barnet, I can't wait to see what Med has in store for this season. I'm hoping for more Asher and Ripley stuff (I think they are the new manstead of the show). It looks like the Intelligence will have someone new coming in, with Toya Turner making her debut in the season premiere. 

Are you ready for One Chicago Wednesday? 

The season premiere of One Chicago begins Wednesday, Sept. 2Sept. 25 7c on NBC.


Those are my top 10 list of most anticipated returning shows of the fall. There is a lot to take in, but Fall TV is back, and I can't wait to get back to watching television as it's meant to be. 

What are you looking forward to this fall? What returning shows are you most anticipated to watch? Leave a comment below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment