Friday, September 18, 2026

Chicago Fire Season 14 Recap & Season 15 Wishlist: Firehouse 51 Is Going Up in Flames


If Season 14 proved anything, it’s that Firehouse 51 doesn’t need a five-alarm fire to create plenty of drama.

Season 14 of Chicago Fire kept me on the edge of my seat with its mix of action, rescues, personal drama, and one heck of a finale. Firehouse 51 spent much of the season fighting a battle on two fronts, as relentless CFD budget cuts and brownouts threatened the department and even put Engine 51 on the chopping block. Chief Dom Pascal found himself navigating those changes while dealing with his own career and personal challenges. Meanwhile, Severide faced a major crossroads: staying at 51 or taking over the Office of Fire Investigation.

For me, Severide’s story was one of the season’s biggest highlights. His relationship with Kidd continues to grow, and watching them foster Isaiah gave us a different glimpse into their life together. Herrmann and Cindy also faced another devastating crisis when their home was destroyed, but seeing them renew their vows at Molly’s was a beautiful payoff. And then there’s Cruz, who learned that he and Chloe are expecting twin daughters. Please, Chicago Fire, don’t you dare take him away from us!

The Violet, Novak, and Vasquez storyline definitely leaned into the soap-opera side of One Chicago, but I’ll admit it: I still enjoyed it. There’s enough chemistry and tension to keep things interesting, even if I’m ready for the love triangle to finally settle down. Mouch getting a book deal was also a fun addition, especially when the manuscript became a tribute to his longtime friendship with Herrmann.

But let’s talk about that finale. “Thank You” ends with Firehouse 51 responding to a massive structure fire, only for a catastrophic collapse and explosion to trap members of Squad 3 and Truck 81—including Severide, Mouch, Kidd, and Herrmann. Just as Severide is finally about to reveal his career decision, everything goes sideways. Now we’re heading into Season 15 with one very important question: Who is actually making it out?



My Season 15 Wishlist

I’ll be honest: I hate seeing anyone leave. Chicago Fire has been around long enough that another major character will inevitably depart, and the finale feels like it’s setting us up for exactly that. My hope is that it isn’t Cruz. He’s about to become a dad to twins, and after everything he’s been through, I’m not ready to say goodbye to him. But if the show is determined to write out a longtime character, I hope the exit is meaningful, like Otis’ departure—an emotional goodbye that truly changes Firehouse 51.

I’m also betting that Severide finally becomes captain at 51. After spending the season wrestling with the choice between 51 and OFI, it feels like the natural next step for his character. If that happens, I’d love to see Boden, Casey, and Brett return for the occasion. That would be one heck of a Firehouse 51 moment.

As for Violet, Novak, and Vasquez, I’m ready for the love triangle to finally pick a lane. Of the two potential relationships, Violet and Vasquez seem like the stronger match to me, so I’m curious to see where the show takes them. Beyond the relationship drama, though, my biggest wish is simple: Give me more rescues, more crossovers, bigger emergencies, and more of the action that makes Chicago Fire so much fun. Firehouse 51 has plenty of personal drama, but I want to see these firefighters doing what they do best.

Season 14 left us with one massive cliffhanger. Now Season 15 has the chance to deliver the aftermath—and, hopefully, remind us why we’ve been watching Firehouse 51 for all these years.

What do you want to see in Season 15? Most importantly, who do you think will make it out of that collapse? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment