Another Peacock drama has reached the end of the line far sooner than fans hoped.
Peacock is saying goodbye to M.I.A. The streamer has canceled the crime drama after just one season, according to Deadline.
Created by Ozark creator Bill Dubuque, M.I.A. followed Etta Tiger Jonze (Shannon Gisela), whose family turns out to be involved in drug trafficking. After her loved ones are murdered, Etta heads to Miami to track down the people responsible and get revenge. The result was a solid drama with a strong telenovela vibe, especially as Etta's revenge mission got more complicated with every episode.
I thought Shannon Gisela was great as Etta, and Cary Elwes was another standout. His character had major Sonny Crockett-meets-Magnum P.I. energy, and honestly, I would've happily watched an entire series about him. M.I.A. was set and filmed in Miami, with all nine Season 1 episodes dropping on Peacock on May 1.
The series also starred Danay Garcia, Brittany Adebumola, Dylan Jackson, Marta Milans, Maurice Compte, Tovah Feldshuh, Paul Ben-Victor, and Gerardo Celasco. Unfortunately, M.I.A. now joins Ponies, The Copenhagen Test, and Law & Order: Organized Crime among Peacock's 2026 cancellations.
It's always a bummer when a solid show doesn't get the chance to live up to its potential, and M.I.A. definitely had more stories to tell.
Are you shock to learn that M.I.A. is DOA at Peacock? Were you a fan of the series? Leave a comment.
You can stream M.I.A. on Peacock.

No comments:
Post a Comment