Friday, December 6, 2019

"Superfriends": Supergirl Season 4

Image result for supergirl season 4



The fourth season was as jolting of high intensity drama as it could have ever have been.

I thought that the fourth season of Supergirl was a very powerful but overwheleming season that takes on the issues of immigration but also secrets and even family. There might have been a few episodes like "Menagerie" was a bit of a snoozefest to me. Otherwise, most of the episodes were pretty much good to even better.

While Benoist and the cast gave a great performance in the fourth season; the one person that shines throughout was Nicole Maines as Nia/Dreamer. Maines performance in the first episode is almost like Benoist's performance when we first meet her as Kara in the pilot.

And I thought that Jon Cryer as Lex Luther could be wrong; I was totally stunned by his performance. It wasn't just wacky but so brilliantly well done that; it was better than Gene Hackman or Jessie Eisenberg.

I very much enjoyed season four and while it made me cry at times; it was as better as the previous season. The writing was so good as it could have been; with the season finale was as powerful as I thought it could in the way that it concluded. Season five should be interesting and the Crisis on Infinite Earth will be an event unlike anyother in the Arrowverse. Overall, I give this season an 8.9/10.

You can catch Supergirl Sundays at 9/8c on The CW.

No comments:

Post a Comment