Tuesday, November 17, 2020

FBI Most Wanted Season 1

 


This summer, I got to catch up on last season's best new series, FBI Most Wanted. Here are my thoughts!

FBI Most Wanted feels like the lovechild of the FBI and Chicago PD with a traveling van. That may sound bad but let me tell you, it's not, as it's pretty much my new favorite Dick Wolf series to date so far and could be better than its predecessor, CBS's FBI. 

The concept is that this FBI task force solves crimes and hunts down criminals now placed on their most wanted list in the same style as any crime procedure drama. The characters are grounded, mostly Jess LaCroix, played by Jullian McMahon. We see a balance of work and family life and that he's trying to help the suspects without getting into a bad situation. 

And this ensemble cast is fun and exciting to watch from Kenny Crosby, who reminds me a bit of the lovechild of Jay Halstead and Adam Ruzek for some reason. Keisha Castle-Hughes as Hana Gibson is my favorite character other than LaCroix on this show as the group's high-tech. 

The stories in season one were solid and intriguing and had me on the edge of my seat, like episodes "Defender," "Invisible," "Ghost," and "Getaway," to name a few. But let's face it, if you are a fan of the show like me, the best episode was the crossover with FBI, which has the slight edge as the best two-show crossover last season (edging out with Chicago Fire and PD). That episode had so many cringe moments, but it was so good.

I highly recommend watching FBI Most Wanted. If you like crime-procurement shows that follow the clues, strong storytelling, and a tremendously solid ensemble cast, this show is for you. I give Season 1 a 9/10.

Season Two of FBI Most Wanted premieres tonight at 10/9c on CBS.


No comments:

Post a Comment