Thursday, November 19, 2020

Feelings: Chicago Fire "That Kind Of Heat" Fall Finale

Well,

First, let me get this out of the way so I can talk about the ending to this "fall finale" episode. 

"That Kind of Heat" was an excellent episode with intense emotional and memorable moments. Ritter steps up along with Gallo to help Boden and then stops when Herrmann and company fill up the truck with gas to help save a woman who had fallen on the L-tracks. 

Kidd gets her Girls on Fire starting tremendously but is missing one person. He tries to convince her to return but understands that she needs to work to help her parents during COVID-19. That didn't stop Kidd as she saw an opportunity to help both the teen and Boden by giving her a part-time job at the firehouse. She accepts and looks forward. 

With the Amblunce 61 totaled, Severide tries to hunt it down before it's gone for good. He saved the driver's door that had Leslie Shay's memorial on it. It also clarified Gallo and Mackey, who questioned being at 51 after the accident. She learned the connection between Mackey and Cruz as he's like her guardian or big brother to her father, who had died years ago. 

Okay, now that I got that out of the way. Let's get to the main story of this episode: Brett and Casey. Well, from the recent recap about Mackey, both Brett and Mackey came out fine. Casey does some superhero stuff to get to 61. Soon after, Brett questions how Casey got there so fast and learns how it happened later that night at Molly's.

The next day, Brett couldn't make eye contact with Casey and tried to avoid him all shift. That is until later that night when Casey comes to Brett's apartment and asks why she is avoiding him. She replies with a kiss, and soon, the rockets blast off as they kiss and land on Brett's couch. 

But Brett asked Casey whether, if Gabby came back, he would go with her and boy, he used the wrong words in this one. Even telling Brett that he doesn't know because it's complicated. You got that right! Soon, Brett asked him to leave, and it ended sadly. 

While that ended pretty sad from Brett's point of view, let's look at the bright side: they finally have admitted their deep feelings for one another. This show does not go one, two, or three episodes to see if a relationship would go anywhere (like other shows). Still, we will see how they'll face this relationship and whether or not Casey could let Gabby "My Miracle" Dawson. 

So, did I like the episode? Oh yeah, I loved this episode. This episode played with my emotions, and I'm glad I had the night off from work to watch this at home. During those Brett and Casey scenes, my heart was beating, and my hands got cold and sweaty. 

While Ritter and Kidd had a powerful story in this episode, I think the little story that deserves is Severide getting Shay's memorial door back to the new ambulance 61. That would have bothered me so much. 

Overall, I give this episode a 9.5/10.

What did you think of the episode? How did you handle Brett and Casey's final moment?  Shay's memorial return? Ritter's rescue and Mouch's speech? Leave a comment below!

Follow me on Twitter @abaker20

Chicago Fire will return on Wednesday, Jan. 6th, on NBC.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the episode. Can't wait for it to come back. Characters are so real. Don't seem like acting that's how good they are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the show really structures their characters to story. There are times when I thought both Spencer and Killmer should be a real couple but I don't want Spencer do go through another House relationship again.

      Delete
  2. I understand. I've that had should they or shouldn't they for a while but after last wk's premiere I thought maybe this could work. Heck guessing "Emergency" during Game Night in Season 7 had me convinced right there. Now I'm back to mixed emotions and while I've moved away from Dawson, I'm leaning towards hoping it will work out. Lets see where Derek Haas and the writing team do with this this season. I don't think it will be over.

    ReplyDelete