Wednesday, January 27, 2021

The Moment: Chicago PD "Tender Age"

 


Talk about stealing the moment at the right time. 

"Tender Age" was such an intense and dramatic episode that pretty much succeeded my expectations from the previews. I couldn't get enough from this episode, which I thought had seemed to be another great Burgess episode until that final scene. 

Burgess and the intelligence unit picks up a homicide case that leaves a little girl the only witness that might have seen what had happened. As the case unfolds, they linked the connection to the little girl's father, who all he wanted was to be with his daughter. Burgess bonds and protects with the child, probably given her a second thought about having children. 

But let's talk about the big elephant in the room from this episode, just when I thought that Burgess won this episode, there was a curveball that came when Upton and Halstead finally talked about her contract with the FBI. Upton asked Halstead where or not she should go and of course, he only wants what's best for her. Well, that ended with Upton telling her feelings for Halstead and the two kiss. Looks like she's not going to the New York FBI taskforce (sorry CBS!). 

I loved this episode so much. Burgess was a force of nature doing anything to protect that child and to take down the suspect. Plus it gave us some really good Burzek moments as well, mostly the boat discussion which I found hilarious. Just when I thought that this was another Burgess winning episode, which serves right to be. I didn't see the Upton and Halstead relationship take effect just like that at the end.  

I released a poll question on my Twitter page a couple of days after the episode aired to ask the question: who had the best first kiss during this season of #OneChicago Brettsey or Upstead. The results came in with 56.7 percent choosing Upstead with 43.3 percent picking Brettsey. 

Overall, I give this episode a 9/10.

What did you think of the episode? Leave a comment below.

You can catch Chicago PD Wednesdays at 10/9c on NBC.





No comments:

Post a Comment