Monday, September 28, 2020

FBI Season 2 Review

 


In the second season of CBS's FBI, I made additional adjustments that made the series even better. Here are my thoughts. 

While I liked and enjoyed the first season of FBI, the second season got even better with the additional cast changes. 

John Boyd joins the team as Agent Stuart Scola, who teams up with Kristen Chazal. And not to mention adding Alana de la Garza, as SAC Isobel Castille, to the series after being part of the backdoor pilot for FBI Most Wanted. 

The addition of Boyd and Garza changed the series in a different tone and brought some outstanding storylines from "Little Egypt" that showed Garza's character put her stamp on how she runs things with the team. 

"Ties That Bind" and "Fallout" were excellent non-two-part episodes dealing with how Boyd's character didn't critique his partner's work enough, which soon ended her getting stabbed in the field while taking down a wanted suspect. 

Once again, Missy Peregrym and Zeeko Zaki are some of the best new TV television partnerships. It's a partnership that I still see as the Stabler and Benson on this series. 

Jeremy Sisto steals the series for me as Jubal Valentine, the assistant special agent in charge. Jubal knows how to catch bad guys, and the way he talks with the analysis team is just excellent.  

The series had some incredible episodes from "Legacy," "Safe Room," and "Outsider." One of my favorites in the second season was "Codename: Ferdinand," which kept me on the edge of my seat with suspense. 

While I thought "Studio Gangster" and "Payback" were good, they just didn't have a lot going on in the character development in the episodes. 

Plus, the season got two crossovers with FBI Most Wanted that dealt with the hijacking of 26 elementary students kidnapped by a white supremacist. At the same time, FBI fugitive Taskforce Jess LaCroix's daughter is taken during an ICE raid. The episodes were as perfect in story and character development as they could have gotten.  

The one crossover I wouldn't think happened is the FBI-Cicago PD crossover, as Detective Hailey Upton joins the FBI New York team as part of a training program. This was after Voight sent her over due to her decision-making in Season 7 of Chicago PD. All I will say is that I wanted more.

 Watching Tracy Spiridakos teaming up with Zaki was so damn good as they playoff with the jokes (Chicago pizza vs. New York pizza) and the bonding. I will go out on a limb and say we could be looking at a two-network, three-night, six-show crossover. And that is something that I want to see. 

Overall, the second season of The FBI improved from the first season with character development and the stories. I love this ensemble cast. I don't know about you, but after watching all 19 episodes of season two, I'm looking to see what Season three has in store for us. I give this second season a 9/10. 

What did you think of the second season of FBI? Are you looking forward to season three? Leave your comment below and tell us your thoughts. 

You can catch the FBI returning this November on CBS.


No comments:

Post a Comment