Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Chicago Fire: #Brettsey To Be or Not To Be

 

It's been a dilemma since Season Seven, but the question remains that has me going back and forth: Should Sylvie Brett and Matt Casey be in a relationship? 

Since the episode in season seven where the spin cycle instructor told Brett that she and Casey were meant for each other, that pretty much got the ball rolling with #Brettsey. At first, I was all for it, but when Gabby Dawson returned and that one night with Casey, things took a back seat. 

In my head, questions pop up like what happens if Gabby comes back and reveals to Casey that she had that child and it's his. It seems far-fetched to go on with this show, but things could happen. Heck, we thought he would have a child, but it turned out it wasn't his. 

And there's the friendship that, why ruin, the best company these two wouldn't do for helping each other after a traumatic call, like Casey almost getting his head blown away or Brett reuniting and losing her mother. Why ruin a good thing going, right? 

And there are these music videos on YouTube of them from scenes that have been fueling me to get me thinking that they should be a couple. It's just wild!


But let's not shine away from this: they both ended their relationship with the Dawson siblings on a rocky but mutual breakup. Brett and Casey connected with a TV series (Emergency) during that game night. 

So, after last week's season premiere, I think I've decided where I stand on this. I can't deny that scene of Brett and Casey at her apartment playing Heads Up was the nail in the coffin that I want them to be in a relationship, and hopefully a long term at that, like Severide and Kidd. 



Plus, I know that this week's episode will determine whether or not they share their feelings, and the latest promo doesn't shine away from it. 

So, as of now, I'm on the entire board with #Brettsey. 

Was I crazy about going back and forth on this? What do you guys think? Are you all in for #Brettsey or not? Leave a comment below!

You can follow me on Twitter @abaker20.

You can catch Chicago Fire on Wednesdays at 9/8c on NBC.


2 comments:

  1. I think Brett and Matt should be in a relationship

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with ya. If any indication in last night's episode showed that these two are meant for each other.

      Delete