Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Beef Season 1

 


One of the biggest talked about shows this year was Netflix's Beef. Here's my thoughts on season one.

This Netflix series has had some buzz when it premiered in April. It was my brother that had told me to watch it because I might enjoy it. Well, I immensely enjoyed it. Staring Ali Wong and Steven Yeun play two people involved in a road rage incident. It takes you on a roller coaster ride from comedy-drama/psychological and tragicomedy to a thriller, and it works. 

Wong and Yeun are amazing and deservedly deserve Emmy nominations for this series. But I think this ten-episode series felt too long; somewhere between a six and eight-episode series would have worked well. There are some supporting characters that I didn't care for too much that made me lose interest. But after the ending, I'm up for a season two. 
 
Overall, I give this series an 8/10.

What did you think of Beef? Are you excited for season two? Leave a comment below!

Season one of Beef is available on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment