Thursday, September 26, 2024

Yeah, I like Grey's Anatomy

 


Okay, this has been coming long, but I like Grey's Anatomy. 

It's been 20 years since I watched the first season (which was good), but I stopped watching it during the second season because I thought it got too soapy. At the time, I didn't like soapy medical drama shows because they just didn't work with me. I grew up on shows like St. Elsewhere, House (which premiered the same television season as Greys), and ER, which were grounded, realistic medical dramas.

How often will doctors and nurses hook up in the same hospital? They can't find someone outside the hospital to be in a relationship. It's just unrealistic.  

That's when I began watching Station 19 (the second spinoff in the Grey's Anatomy universe), and I started thinking I should watch just a couple of episodes of Grey's (which was mostly part of the crossover events with 19). 

For some reason, crossover episodes like "Mamma Knows Best," "Under the Surface," "Into The Woods," and "A Diagnosis" were good and made me reconsider watching Greys again. 

But do I rewatch it all over again? Do I do a whole summer of binge-watching before the new season begins? Instead, I procrastinated until the last two seasons began to become 2.0 with new people on the show, and I thought this might be the best time to jump back on, which I did this past summer while binge-watching the 20th season of the show. 

So, what did I think of season 20? Well, it was good. Watching these residents was interesting (some are a pain in the ass to watch for acting like an idiot), but I've rooted for them. Adams, Yasuda, and Millian were my favorite residents to watch. 

On the other hand, I enjoyed watching the OG crew do what they do to be the healers they set out to be (was it over the top?). But seriously, the storyline of Meredith Grey's research was fascinating, and having both Amelia and Teddy involved was so fantastic, even though it ended with Teddy and others getting so-called fired from Cathrine. 

Loved Teddy and Owen's relationship storyline, watching Owen trying to get Teddy to understand that she almost died. And I couldn't get enough of Natalie Morales' Dr. Monica Beltran, who has an engaging, unique style to watch. Is it me, or is a relationship building with Monica and Amelia? 

Am I going to watch tonight's season premiere? Yeah, I think I will. Because I want to see where the story goes after what ended in season 20. 

You can catch the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy Tonight at 10/9c on ABC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment